Windsor Locks Connecticut 06096
Windsor Locks CT Town Travel Business Information
Welcome to Windsor Locks, Connecticut. Incorporated May 30, 1854, the town was formerly Pine Meadow district of Windsor. A Dutch trader, Captain Adriaen Block, came up the Connecticut River in the Spring of 1614 as far as Enfield Rapids. The First three settlers were: Henry Denslow 1663, Nathaniel Gaylord 1678, and Abraham Dibble 1708. Seth Dexter founded the Dexter Company in 1767. The first one-horse-drawn wagon in this area was made by David Birge in 1815. The Windsor Locks Canal was completed in 1829. Charles Dexter was appointed the first postmaster in 1833.
To share any Windsor Locks, CT information with us, please contact us.
Windsor Locks Connecticut Town Guide
Windsor Locks, CT Population:
Windsor Locks, CT Local Information
Windsor Locks Police Dispatch: 860-627-1461
Windsor Locks Fire Department: 860-627-1461
Ambulance Service: 860-623-3133
Town Hall Telephone: 860-627-1441
Connecticut Town & City Guides by Region