North Haven Connecticut 06473
North Haven CT Town Travel Business Information
In his will of 1714, the Reverend James Pierpont (1659-1714) of New Haven gave eight acres to his neighbors in the Northeast Parish, as North Haven was called “provided those neighbors will set their meeting house there and make their training and burying there.”
The first meeting house, completed in 1722, stood on the Green, west of what is now known as the Old Center Cemetery. About half of the original Pierpont gift remains today as the North Haven Green.
Ezra Stiles enumerated about forty families living in North Haven in the early part of the eighteenth century. All of these people were multipurpose farmers, producing what they needed for themselves and their families. In 1786, the General Assembly permitted North Haven to incorporate as a town, separate from New Haven. New roads were built to facilitate communication, namely the Hartford Turnpike in 1798 and the Middletown Turnpike in 1813.
To share any North Haven, CT information with us, please contact us.
North Haven Connecticut Town Guide
County: New Haven
North Haven, CT Population:
North Haven CT Local Information
North Haven Police Dispatch: 203-239-5321
North Haven Fire Department: 203-239-7233
Ambulance Service: 911
Town Hall Telephone: 203-239-5321