Avon Connecticut 06001
Andover CT Town Travel Business Information
Welcome to Avon, Connecticut. Avon was settled in 1645 and was originally a part of Farmington. Avon was originally called Northington (the north parish) before it broke off from Farmington in 1830.
The town name was derived from the Avon River in England. According to the Avon Historical Society, Avon’s independence was rooted in the need for a church that was more accessible to the growing town’s population than the Congregational Church in Farmington.
To share any Avon, CT information with us, please contact us.
Avon Connecticut Town Guide
Avon, CT Population:
Avon CT Local Information
Avon Police Dispatch: 860-677-9746
Avon Fire Department: 860-409-4390
Town Hall Telephone: 860-409-4310
Avon Town Hall Fax: 203-734-3853
Avon Post Office: 860-678-0525
Shop 24/7 at FREE WORLD MALL
Connecticut Town & City Guides by Region