15 Questions to Ask Before Booking a CT Vacation Rental
Connecticut Vacation Rentals – Cabins – Cottages – Rental Homes – Condos
Renting a great Connecticut vacation home, waterfront cottage or condominium is easy, fun and a wonderful way to enjoy a Connecticut vacation. CT Living suggests working with one of the professional Connecticut vacation agencies and websites found in our Connecticut Vacation Rentals section.
To feature your favorite Connecticut Rental Property, Home, Cottage or Condo in CTLiving.com, please contact us. Learn more about advertising in CTLiving.com.
15 Questions to Ask Before Booking a Vacation Rentals
The short-term vacation rental home and condo choices now available on the market are fantastic. Waterfront luxury homes, camps and cabin rentals, and Connecticut beach cottages are available. However, quality Connecticut vacation rental property is in high demand and is often sold well in advance. It is always best to look and book well in advance of your planned visit, especially when seeking the perfect vacation rental property.
There are many thing to consider when shopping for a Connecticut vacation rental home or condo. Renting a private vacation home or condo is different than staying at a hotel. Some of thing you may not think about but may want to ask your rental property owner or agent include:
- What’s the best route to take in order to avoid traffic?
- Do you have a DVD player? What movies do you have on hand?
- What kinds of “extras” do you have that I might want to know about, and where can I find them? (A lobster pot under the kitchen sink, board games in the hall closet, a sand bucket and shovel under the kids’ bed, etc.)
- What Connecticut restaurants do you recommend? What are your favorite entrees there?
- Which grocery stores are the best?
- Where are the best golf courses? Hiking trails? Boat launches? Picnic areas?
- What are some fun CT Attractions we can explore?
- What linens do you provide, if any?
- What “conveniences” do you have on hand? (i.e., hair dryers, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, etc.)
- What kind of cleaning chores, if any, should we do before we check out?
- Can you provide directions to the nearest hospital, just in case?
- What places of worship are nearby? (In case you want to attend services.)
- What kind of dog-friendly activities are there to do in the area? (Assuming the owner allows pets.)
- Who do I contact if there is some sort of problem while I’m here, for instance, if the water heater stops working or the power goes out?
- Is there anything else you can tell me to help my family have the best possible Connecticut vacation experience?
The best place to start is to visit the Connecticut vacation home rentals by region.
Connecticut Vacation Rentals by Region
|Litchfield County CT Vacation Rentals
Bridgewater, Cornwall, Kent, Litchfield
|Hartford County CT Vacation Rentals
Hartford, New Britain, Suffield, Enfield
|Tolland County CT Vacation Rentals
Andover, Stafford Springs, Mansfield, Tolland, Somers, Storrs, Willington
|Windham County CT Vacation Rentals
Canterbury, Eastford, Plainfield, Putnam
|Fairfield County CT Vacation Rentals
Bridgeport, Fairfield, Norwalk, Stamford, Newtown
|New Haven County CT Vacation Rentals
Hamden, New Haven, Seymour, Waterbury
|Middlesex County CT Vacation Rentals
Cromwell, Essex, Middletown, Old Saybrook
|New London County CT Vacation Rentals
New London, Ledyard, Norwich, North Stonington, Mystic Village, Old Lyme
Vacation Rentals | Pet Friendly
Attractions | Maps | Products
Free World Mall
Country Weddings | New England Recipes
VT Inns | Red Sox Gifts | Travel Destinations