With hundreds of lakes, ponds, and rivers and ocean shoreline, Connecticut is a boaters’ paradise. Summer residents usually get their boats in the water by June and enjoy the season until late October. Find boat launches and public boat ramps in each county of Connecticut. Use the map below to find CT boat launches areas, lakes and water access near your destination or location.
To feature your Connecticut marina or boat business, please contact us. Learn more about advertising in CTLiving.com.
Safe Boating Tips from CTLiving.com
Essential Safety tips for safe boating:
- Always wear your life jacket. Falling overboard into cold water will take the breath away from the strongest swimmer. Just remember that life jackets only work when you are wearing them.
- Read and obey your boat’s safety limit.
- Distribute weight evenly throughout the boat.
- Standing in a boat accounts for many spills overboard. It is best to remain seated unless absolutely necessary.
- Be aware of the weather before heading out and be especially aware while on the water.
- Never drink alcohol while boating. A typical day in a boat without drinking can impair reaction time as much as being legally drunk.
- Leave a float plan. Tell someone when and where you are going, and when you expect to return. It is better to tell a loved one who will express more concern if you don’t return on time.
- Bring a flashlight with you if you are going in a Kayak, Canoe, or Small, unlit Boat. This can be helpful in warning others of your presence in the event you are boating after sunset. A floating, un-lit canoe or kayak can be impossible for a motor boat to see.
- Watch the sky and alert to changing weather conditions. Many people are killed on the water each year by lightening strikes. Head for shore at the sign of severe thunderstorms.
Fishing Supplies | Boating Equipment | Online Shopping
|Litchfield County CT Boating
Bridgewater, Cornwall, Kent, Litchfield
|Hartford County CT Boating
Hartford, New Britain, Suffield, Enfield
|Tolland County CT Boating
Andover, Stafford Springs, Mansfield, Tolland, Somers, Storrs, Willington
|Windham County CT Boating
Canterbury, Eastford, Plainfield, Putnam
|Fairfield County CT Boating
Bridgeport, Fairfield, Norwalk, Stamford, Newtown
|New Haven County CT Boating
Hamden, New Haven, Seymour, Waterbury
|Middlesex County CT Boating
Cromwell, Essex, Middletown, Old Saybrook
|New London County CT Boating
New London, Ledyard, Norwich, North Stonington, Mystic Village, Old Lyme
Inns | Hotels | Resorts
Vacation Rentals | Pet Friendly
Camping | Real Estate
Dining | Classifieds
Attractions | Maps | Products
Art | Shopping
New England Boating
Free World Mall
Country Weddings | New England Recipes
VT Inns | Red Sox Gifts | Travel Destinations